Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Inbetween by Tara Fuller

Inbetween by Tara Fuller



Inbetween by Tara Fuller

Reapers! There aren’t many reaper books compared to vampire books or werewolf books. Actually, I’ve only read four books with reappears in it and three of them were from the same series (Existence, Predestined, and Ceaseless). This book is the fourth in my collection of reaper books and oh so different.

Our lovely story starts off with Finn, the reaper. He is a reaper for the Inbetween. The Inbetween is the place souls go when they aren’t fully developed. It is the place between heaven and hell.
The interesting thing about the reapers in this story is that a large portion of them are doing this job to buy their personal tickets out of hell. The actual word to word reason is in the book- IDK why I just told you that but it is important you know.

More importantly let us talk about names. Finn, our main male, what kind of name is Finn? Names like this leave you wondering too much. Finn is the name of the type of person who hides secrets. It’s the type of name that means trouble.

The main female character is Emma. The same question applies here. Emma is the name of a princess or a girl with too much past and not enough future. That is until they meet trouble. But I wouldn’t have any other names and you wouldn’t either as you fall in love with both characters.

The story behind this lovely novel starts with a name, Allison. And … I’m not even going to get started with the name Allison. We really don’t have the time and the story will slowly be revealed AUR (as you read).
That’s pretty much all I can tell you with revealing too much. But I won’t leave you hanging, here are some quotes. In order of persons’’ POV; not in order of how it happened in the story.

Finn’s POV
I let my thumbs brush down her arms and she gasped. Fireworks ignited across the laces I touched. Emma’s eyes opened. Glistening with wonder. Wide with fear.
“Trust me,” I said “You’re that girl.”

“No.” I stumbled back and Scout gripped my shoulders I couldn’t … I wouldn’t let her do this. I’d been to Hell and back for this girl. Literally.

Emma laughed and scratched the back of my head. “For me?”
I grinned […] I knew in my heart, down to the pit of my soul, that I die for that sound. I’d die for this girl. I looked up at Emma and she arched a brow at me.
“For you?” I asked, brushing my lips against hers. “For you I’d do anything.”

Emma mom’s story
“No.” She stirred the spaghetti sause I had on the stove, the turned back to me. “No, first I spilled hot soup on him. And the he kissed me.”
(Funny, NO?)

Emma’s POV
“Because if I touch you, I won’t be able to stop touching you.”
I pulled my head away but never broke eye contact. I didn’t want to lose this feeling that was making me dizzy all over. Not trusting my hands, I folded them between my face and the pillow. “Then just stay with me, “I said
Finn nodded against the pillow. “Okay.”

“Why me?” I finally decided to ask. “What made me different?”
“Before you, there was only dark.” He stopped, but his voice was still unsteady when he started again. “You lit up my whole world, like the sun bursting through the clouds on a stormy day. You made me remember what it was like to feel alive. You made me believe I was something more than death. You made me believe in something that I didn’t think existed anymore.”

Finn scooted across the seat. I felt the warmth of his lips shimmer against my cheek. “I’ll always come back to you, Emma?

PS: pay real attention to the details and conversations of this book. There is some major foreshadowing in this book that I didn’t notice until it was too late.

RATING

PG-13------ It is only Twilight, PG-13. Light and kind of Tween-ish except for a few scenes.

A------ This story was cuter than anything and when a reaper is in love with a human I expect something more… It could be good or bad.

41/2 carts------ My emotions were really all over the parking lot.

5 hearts------ the romance was completely awesome. Cute and sudden (sort of). Let’s say it’s a complicated love story, then again those are the best kind.

5 stars------ Some things just don’t need words. This is one of those things. It’s either you like it or you don’t. There is no inbetween when it comes to this book. Okay, I didn’t realize what I did until after I did it. HONEST!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment