Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Allegiant by Veronica Roth Review Part II

 

 Sidebar: I’m sorry but I could wait to post this.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS

 

“…I didn’t want to leave him…” One of the saddest, most reassuring quotes to ever hit this series

Okay so I am here and now. A little calmed down. It’s time I sent this out…

This book was…. probable one of the best books I’ve ever read. It had me all over the place left to right, up and down. I was seriously crying all through the epilogue. I-as so many others-truly connected to this book. I thought the author gave us something to fear and look forward to. That’s what any good author should do. Give the readers a reason to read. I’d like to point out that I DO NOT approve of the ending. So I guess I’ll start from the beginning.

 

Evelyn has taken over as we saw at the end of Insurgent. She and her fractionless member have all the weapons and dominate the remainder. At the beginning Tris, Cara, and Christine are about to stand trail. In walks everyone’s favorite Four or Tobias. Now at this time Evelyn believes the Four and Tris are broken up but- thank the heavens- they aren’t. He has to pretend to be on her side to gain her trust- Evelyn’s I mean. Anyway they give Tris the truth serum and of course she lies to save Cara and Christine. Anyway the story progresses and things heat up.

There is a new rebel group in the works. This group is called Allegiant. I know – the connects to the title. I nearly died with shock too. Anyway, this group is semi ran by Cara and she invites the Dauntless to join her movement. And of course they do because they all want out of the city that is slowly but surely killing themselves. Even Tori joins the journey towards life over the fence. And you know hat happened. Veronica Roth thought  it would be a good idea to KILL HER. She was in the lead after they left the cars and Veronica Roth shot her to death. And I should have known, I should have known that this event was a sign. Veronica Roth was sending a message and I got it too late.

Peter, Caleb, Uriah, Christine, Cara, and Tris all made it over the fence and that’s where things got complicated. Before I hit that, let me go back. We all know what happened in Insurgent when Caleb hit all of our BLACK LIST. Well there was a trail and he was found guilty. Tris decided she didn’t want him to be killed so Four being the AWESOMENESS he is, broke Caleb out of his prison cell.

Okay we are back, outside the fence is different. The group is introduced to airplanes and major information that was other wise blocked from. If you read the book you know what I am talking about. If you haven’t I still not going to say it because there is A LOT of stuff we didn’t think was still around.(And besides if you haven’t read the book you shouldn’t be reading this. Unless you are like me and what to know what happens before you read the book). During this time a lot of drama happens and I mean A LOT!!!! Our favorite couple nearly breaks-up! It was seriously too much for one day but me being the idiot I am, read it in one day anyway. WORST IDEA EVER!!!!!

During their stay on the outside Four make some serious mistakes. Did I forget to mention that is was in dual point of view. Anyway, he makes a made decision after he finds out what being a Divergent really is. Then he makes a mistake with this chick. And it’s worst then you think. But in the end Tris and Four make up and have some stolen kisses here and there. They were really in lone Tris and Four, even in the end and during the battles when nothing went their way; they had some of the strongest love I’ve ever read. That is why for now until forever I am claiming the Divergent series an epic love story, not sy-fy or any other category you think you can put it in. It’s an epic love story for the ages.

But leave it to Tris and Four to find trouble. And boy do they find it. This trouble is different from the past fights and battles they have been in. The end result is getter than anything. Then again left it to Tris to save the day but at what cost this time. What cost? is always the question. And in the final installment of the Divergent series the cost is one that will stay with me forever.

SERIOUSLY MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILERS

BTW, the cost was her life. The plan was to send Caleb in to stop the attack on their friend and families only they got caught. In the heat of the moment Tris took Caleb place. She was able to past the death serum but a gunshot is fatal. She stopped the attack- of course she did- but in the end she went home to her mom and dad. Leaving everyone with her wisdom and sacrifice that made all their lives better. Meanwhile in the fractions Peter, Arum- yes the Arum from Divergent the Four talked about. He is alive- Christine and Four go try and save Christine’s family and Uriah family. You know Uriah’s family his brother Zeke and his mom. Well, Uriah was in the hospital with a fatal head injury and he wasn’t going to wake up. Plus in Four’s pocket he had a memory serum that took away the memory of whoever drank it. In the fractions Marcus and Evelyn were at war and needed to be stopped. Four offered the serum to his mom. If she drank it, he and her could be a family again;she just needed to stop this war before it began. His mom chose him in the end. She compromised with the Allegiant group and Marcus was unofficially exiled. When the group got back Tris was gone. Four was destroyed beyond repair. An absolute mess. He almost ended up taking the memory serum but Christine talked him out of it.

Uriah ended up dying and Peter took the memory serum. He wanted to erase all the evil in him. He became better in the end.

The epilogue began 2 1/2 years later on what was supposed to be Choosing Day. On that day the gang met up again to finally spread Tris’ ashes. On that day, Four finally zip-lined for his girl. At the end of the book we never found out if they actually spread the ashes but you can guess. It was time to release her. Four and everyone around Tris are better because of her and they prove it each and every day.

Even through Diveregent is Tris’ story in the end it was Four who survived. Who carried her around . Who survived her death with us- who just plain SURVIVED! The boy lost the love of his life, his mom and his dad. Luckily he got his mom back, his dad disappeared but his girl wasn’t coming back. No matter how long I held my breath, Tris wasn’t coming back.

In short this book gave us a twist no one saw coming. But Tris did what she did best SAVED THE WORLD. And everyone did what they did best SURVIVED and that all we readers can do. Close the book and try to move on.

GOOD LUCK to you all because at this point in time, moving on seems pretty damn hard.

PS: I never could determine what the water sign symbolizes so if someone could tell me I’d be grateful. Besides we all still have the movie to look forward to. I don’t know about you but I can wait to see how they turn this book into a movie.

TTYL Divergents and Good Luck with the rest of your lives….

No comments:

Post a Comment