Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Darkness of Light by Stacey Maria Brown

Image result for darkness of lightDarkness of light- Yum. This book was just yum-central. It had a little bit of everything. It had romance, action, adventure. I guess it could be called a coming of age story because Ember, our main character, finds out the truth about what she is. To give a clue, she isn't human but that is all I'm going to revile. I believe the best part about these types of stories is learning the truth with the main character. Then again I'm into spoilers so if you want to know highlight the next word dae

Okay lets break this down.

We have main character Ember. She is sarcastic, funny, loyal, going through ,what some might call, a mild mental breakdown and she has two different colored eyes . The truth behid it all is that she is seeing to world at one time. The world we all believe to be true and the world she all see as fiction. She has two best friends Ryan and Kennedy. They aren't really mention in this book but they are a great support system

" Ryan always teased that Kennedy was the sweet one, I was the salty, and he was the spice."

Ember lives with her stepdad Mark- who has basically raised her all her life. Mark is funny, calm, and supportive especially when he feels like Ember is losing her marbles

The story really starts with Ember is trouble and being transfers to another school. There she makes new friends, like Josh and meets our main love interest Eli Dragen. YUUUM!!! Josh is mentioned rarely in the book but he is nice a funny. I'm sure he will reappear and be a favorite character Eli is a bad boy. He is fantastic, broody, tall, dark, and handsome bad boy with green piercing eyes. Her words not mine. He comes is with attitude and continues to bring in throughout the whole book. Eli and Ember have an instant connection of mostly lust but always the basics of true friendship. Now some may want to claim this  book as has a love triangle but it doesn't. Just because two people are interested in the same person doesn't make it a triangle. Now I admit Ember was definitely attracted to her dreamboy Torin but it wasn't the same as what she feels for Eli. Don't get me wrong it definitely has the potential to be a love triangle I'm just not there yet. Okay, back to Eli. Here is what Ember first thought about out hottie when she first saw him in the police station

" He shifted his head further back into his hood, making it impossible to see his face clearly. That, of course, made me want to see him even more. My hands balled into fists; the desire to reach under his hood and lift up his face overwhelmed me."

Some of you may see that as unrealistic but some of you know. Sometimes you see a guy and you just get an overwhelming urge to touch.

Eli is a part of ROD otherwise known as Riders of Darkness, a motorcycle club. And I love me a man on a motorcycle. YUUM! He is also a few years older than Ember. 

Eli and Ember honestly can not be in the same room together. They argue and throw insults and the sexual tension between the two fills the room. My favorite part about these two is their secret language. They talk to each other without saying a word. I'm trying not to spoil how they do that but trust me, you are going to love it. 

This is how Ember described it and in comparison with Torin.

" This wasn't the same as what I experienced with Torin. Torin could communicate without looking at me. I couldn't hear Eli's speak directly into my head like I had with Torin. This was more as if Eli's eyes were conveying to me what he was thing. I couldn't really explain it. It wasn't even humanly possible."

If we are going to be honest, I don't like Torin. I think he is weak and honestly and annoying pest trying to worm his way in-between Eli and Ember. 

Eli and Ember also have some intense scenes. Like really intense, like some PG-13 going into rated R intense. Adding one their whole I hate you but I can't stay away from you routine and you just love every minute.

"He looked at me so deeply that it was as if he could read my mind. His fingers hooked into my belt loops and pulled me forcefully to him. My body pressed against his, making me tremble. He tugged off my beanie and swept his hand up the back of my neck, entwining his fingers through my hair. He gripped the back of my head and brought my face to his. My overwhelming need for him took over with dizzying intensity. Our lips fervently devoured each other, desperate and hungry."

And breath! Gotta love it.

And just when Ember feels like she has a hold on her life everything goes up in fails. She is betrayed by those she trusted, attacked, kidnapped, and forced to become her worst nightmare. But all in a day's work


This book is definitely a MUST READ. Warning this is, what I consider a new adult themed book. So there will be language, intense scenes/romances, and just all around awesomeness.

Tata for now


No comments:

Post a Comment