Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Fire in the Darkness by Stacey Marie Brown

Image result for fire in the darkness site:goodreads.comThis book continues right where  Darkness of Light left off. 

Ember is on the run. After the disaster she caused, then her escape from the Queen, everything and every one is after her. But it doesn't take long for a certain green-eyed demon to find his girl. Eli, of course takes her back to their compound. A good amount of the book is spent on this compound. Eli and Ember repair their relationship and build on it. Ember learns more truths and a lie. And you want be able to tell which is which.

"Shaking my head, I moved in closer. I didn't get Eli. Sometimes he treated me like an object to be tossed away after use. Then other times, like this, he helped me protect myself- from the exact thing I needed to defend myself from- him."

This book really focused on giving us the history of the Dae and the Fae World. 

Ember is eventually kidnapped by none to her than the UnSeelie King himself, Lars. Lars isn't all bad. He finds people to train Ember and even offers to help rescue her friends from the Queen, Aneira. The second half of the book is mostly on Lars' compound. 

However being on the compound kept her away from Eli- who was never far behind.

"My heart smacked against my ribs and my insides twisted into knots. Mindful he posed no real threat, I still was cautious. His glower slowly moved over my body, his eyes and face full of dark emotion. My body was aware of every inch of what Eli scrutinized and even more aware of the effect he still had on me. In comparison, my hormonal lust for Nic seemed mediocre at best. Air no longer pumped in and out of my frozen chest. Out eyes stayed locked on each other for several minutes and my body trembled."

Lorcan still won't give up his never ending search to find a way back to the Fae world. It is hard to tell where his true loyalties lie but I'm sure all will be revealed.

On the plus side, there is a prophecy. And like every good prophecy not everything is as it seems.

And of course just when Ember was trying to move forward in her life, she learns of yet another lie told to her by those she cares for. So what does she do- she acts on her uncontrolled emotions and jumps into a portal to rescue her family and friends

We get to see more of our favorites like Ken, Jared, Ryan, Josh, Cooper, even West makes a much needed appears. We also dive a little deeper into her relationship with Torin. However, I'm still not claiming a love triangle.

"The more time I spent with Torin, the more natural it felt being with him. I couldn't deny he made me feel safe and protected. Even in his limited way, I knew he would do anything for me. He had risked his life helping me escape the Queen a few weeks back. Just seeing me now put him in jeopardy. He was the only one I could turn to."

All and all not the most exciting book but if you want it's important in order to have all the information. Then again it may all be a lie

Good luck figuring it all out.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment